How to Do I Donate a Car to Charity?
The choice to donate a car to charity using our donation program is not only simple but of great benefit to non-profit organizations.
To donate a car, all you need do, is complete our online form or call our toll free number 800-269-6814. Our friendly operators are standing by to take your call.
What types of vehicle donation do we accept? All vehicles, including cars, trucks, boats, and RV’s.Donate car to charity - This is very important to nonprofit organizations. When you donate your car to charity you help a chosen organization raise revenue that helps fund their important work. We help you to donate a car, truck, RV or other vehicle to a nonprofit. Do your part, donate a vehicle to charity and help a cause in need. In addition to an auto donation, we also accept:
- Truck Donation
- Van Donation
- Motorcycle Donation
- RV Donation
- Boat Donation
- Trailer Donation
When you donate your car to charity, the vehicle is sold to the highest bidder through a well-established charity vehicle auction. Nonprofits need the proceeds generated from selling cars at auction. Those proceeds go to help continue the important work nonprofit organizations accomplish in your community.
- To donate a car to charity, first choose a non-profit from our List of Charities.
- Fill out a Charity Car Donation Pick Up Form or call our toll free number at 800-269-6814. Generally, you will be able to speak to a live donor representative, seven days a week (Pacific Time: Monday through Friday, 5 am to 7 pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm). You can call seven days a week regarding vehicle donations and their information, and we will call you back at the time you specify.
- Your information is entered into our computer system right away and forwarded to a local towing company.
- If you leave a call or voice mail during business hours we will typically attempt to contact you within 1 hour. Messages after hours will be responded to the next day. Please have the Title with the vehicle at the time it is picked up.
- If you provide us with an email address we will send you a temporary receipt via email along with the direct phone number to the towing company. If you have any questions or require additional assistance you can reach us at email@example.com.
- The tow driver will deliver your tax receipt at the time the vehicle is picked up.
- Per current IRS guidelines, if your donated vehicle/vessel sells for under $500 the receipt you receive at the time the vehicle is picked up is all you need for filing your taxes. If your donation sells for over $500 you will be provided with a supplemental receipt showing the sale price and may write off as a deduction an amount up to the sale price.
When you donate your car to charity, you really help those in need. Thank you for your interest.